topmommyblogs

Please click! A visit a day boosts my blog ranking at Top Mommy Blogs - The Best Mommy Blog Directory Ever!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Homemade Play dough


So this week we've made some home made play dough for the boys to play with. Much to my surprise everyone including my mom and sister ended up playing with. This was my first time making play dough and I was going to do a double patch to make more colors but I didn't have enough cream of tartar. After I go to the store tomorrow I will  make some more and update this post with the new colors. I will also take pics of each step as I do them and add them to the bottom of the post in order.

What you will need..
1 cup water
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cream of tartar
Food coloring


Directions


  • Combine water, flour , oil, salt, cream of tartar, and food coloring in a saucepan and heat until warm
  • Stir, then knead until smooth. The cream of tartar makes this dough last 6 months or longer, so resist the temptation to omit this ingredient if you don't have it on hand.
  • Store this dough in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag.

  • Also Eli (14 months ) only tried to eat this once and after he tasted it he took it out of his month and said yucky so I don't have to worry about him trying to eat it again ( I hope )



    After it was cooked I put it on a pizza  pan to cool

    After it cooled I made the dough  into 1/4. After that I made them  into  little  balls  and  pushed  a hole into the middle.
    Then I dropped the food coloring into the holes.


    All closed up.

    My mom couldn't wait to see what colors I did and started playing with it to spread the  food  coloring  around.

    Neon Pink

    Neon Purple 
    Neon Green


    Neon Blue ( it didn't want to spread evenly like the other but it's super blue )









    playcreateexplore also made some scented kinds  Here

    Forever N Always

    No comments:

    Post a Comment