topmommyblogs

Please click! A visit a day boosts my blog ranking at Top Mommy Blogs - The Best Mommy Blog Directory Ever!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Herb Softening Hair Rinse

Lately I've been trying to go no poo. I've been doing it for around 4 months and I do like it.
I still wash my hair but with Dr.Bronner's once a week. Then I do my homemade hair rinse a few times a week. Sometime everyday. Just depends on if I went to work out or not.

Here is how I make my awesome hair rinse.


4 Cups. water
1/2 Cup. Rosemary (Dried or fresh)
1/2 Cup. Lavender ( Dried or fresh)
1/2 Cup Mint (Dried or fresh)
3 tsp. borax
3 Cups. apple cider vinegar

1.Bring the water to boil in a large pot.
2.Once you’ve reached a rolling boil. Add the Rosemary, Lavender, and Mint.
3.Put it on low for about 1 hr.
4. Turn the stove off and let it steep for 2-4hrs. .or longer,the longer, the stronger).
5. Take out the herbs and turn the stove back on low to heat the water.
6.Once the water is heated turn it off and add the borax. Then stir
7. Add the apple Cider Vinegar, Stir again.
8. put into a container and you're all done.

I let my rinse steep overnight before straining out the herbs. This makes for a VERY potent rinse

I put mine in a old gallon juice bottle. I double the recipe when I make it tho. Then I put it into a squirt bottle and keep the bottle in my shower.

To use: After shampooing and conditioning, or as your sole hair product, pour the rinse over your hair, making sure to soak it through completely. Finish off with a final
rinse of clean water, if desired (the liquid is a brownish “tea” color, so it may stain a light-colored towel if you don’t rinse with clean water).
Or, simply leave the rosemary rinse in your hair and dry and style as usual.

The smell of the vinegar goes away and you are left with the smell of the herbs. I have dark hair so I don't know if this would darken lighter hair or not.

You can change the herbs for other herbs that you like the smell of better or just use 1 herb. Make sure it = 1 1/2 Cups or more.

I have all of this in the yard so I normally use fresh and more then the 1 1/2 Cups posted.

If you try this let me know what you think :)




Forever N Always

No comments:

Post a Comment